Sunday, February 27, 2011

That’s Not Where it’s Supposed to be

When is the last time you changed your regular routine and did something new? Took a different route home, went to a different coffee shop or used a different brand of shampoo?

I always thought of myself as someone able to try new things and be open to new ideas; until a recent trip to a never before explored grocery store. I have my regular shops that I go to and over the years have been accustomed to where things are; I go on autopilot and just know where to go to get what I need. Today I went to a new store and felt lost and confused; the entire shopping experience took way longer than it should have and I left without getting all of what I went for. So either the store was badly organized or I am a little too attached to my routine.

After this experience I feel like I need to break out of my daily schedule more often and take off the autopilot. Yes there are days where routine is what keeps us together, but it’s also essential to open our eyes and try something new.

It’s funny how you can learn something new about yourself every day from simple trips to the grocery store or challenging your fears in the rainforest. Every experience regardless of the size is an opportunity to learn and grow.  Take advantage of all these opportunities and challenge yourself every day. Never let yourself stop growing or get stuck in a mundane routine; life’s much better when you’re changing with it. 

Lotsa Love,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment