Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Don't let your feet hit the floor

Have you ever had one of those magical days where your feet barely find the floor? A day to veg and relax and unwind from the crazy lives we lead. If you haven’t you don’t know what you’re missing.

There are different categories of couch habitation and let’s not get this confused with being a couch potato. There is a huge difference a couch potato lives on the couch, a couch visitor uses the area as a relaxing getaway.

One of my favourite things to do when I have been working to much or out of town to long and miss my hubby and dog is too cuddle up on the couch with some of our favourite shows, movies and snacks and to only let our feet hit the floor when it is absolutely necessary and the shorter the time the better.  We chat about whatever’s going on, nap, bask in the sun and just veg out.

These days can also happen with a group of friends, instead of feeling like you constantly have to entertain or be “on” try veg’ing. I had such an experience recently and it was great. Imagine being cuddled up with a group of friends on an oversized couch, chaise lounge and giant arm chairs. Some of us reading gossip mags, taking in the sun, me reading an eccentric book about elves out loud while we all sipped on mimosas and munched on brie.  No rushed agendas, nowhere else to be and the only time we got up was for a refill of food or drink.

I think these days are highly overlooked, I think people miss the importance of winding down, of taking off your watch and not caring what the time is. Not realizing how much time has gone by till the sun has gone down and your belly is growling; to just spend a day decompressing and letting go.

I highly recommend these days; you may want to ease into it though…it can be hard to come back to the real worldJ. I like to share my couch days with family, friends and sometimes just me and my pooch Bailey. You can learn a lot about a person when you’re not trying. When no one is trying to impress anyone else and everyone is in it for the same reason these days are nothing less than magical.

Because you may think you’re getting more from life going a mile a minute, but it’s when you finally stop and take it all in that life really comes into context. 

Lotsa Love,
Natasha

2 comments:

  1. Hey I spend most of my days without giving a damn to anything...n it really feels so great..
    U seem to fall in my category..
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I am not sincere...I am just not that serious...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete