Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The grass is not always greener

How many times in your life have you looked at someone else and said I wish I had what they have or they don’t know how good they have it? Those two statements may be very true, but when we are standing on the outside looking in our perspective may be a bit blurred.

I think that in today’s society of want want want, we very rarely take time to enjoy the little things in life. We are so busy looking at what everyone else has we are missing everything great in our own lives.  When we focus so intently on what we don’t have or something that we think we should have because of some internal dead line we simply are missing the moment that we are in.

Enjoy all the great relationships!
We all have ideas of where we would like to be or things we wanted to accomplish by a certain point, but if that’s all we are focusing on everything else around you becomes secondary. Why can’t we enjoy what we have and go along for the ride? Is what we have not enough?

I remember a conversation with a friend who I thought had everything and yet when it got down to it she thought the same of me. It wasn’t until we started really getting into the conversation that we both realized that neither one of us has it all! Everybody has their faults and things in life that aren’t perfect, what does matter are how you handle these imperfections. Do you covet what thy neighbour has or enjoy your side of the fence?

Enjoy all the great moments!
Sure we all have things in life we wish we could change or have “by now”. I learnt from different personal heartaches and watching friends go through painful situations that if we focus solely on what we want and don’t have we miss and could possibly ruin what we have now. So Instead I focus on my amazing relationship with my husband and my great support system, all the things in my life that other people would wish for. What will be will be, there is only so much we can do before we drive ourselves crazy.


In closing we can have goals and wishes; they are great and keep us driven, if they are positive. Take time to stop and smell the roses instead of always comparing yourself to everyone else. Enjoy life, the gifts you have and the people around you. Because even though life could always be better, it could also be worse.

Lotsa Love,
Natasha

1 comment: