Friday, March 4, 2011

TGIF BABY!

There are few things greater than the anticipation and excitement of going into work on a Friday morning and knowing that in a mere 8 hours you’ll be free for two whole days! Over the week, those 8 hours can seem tumultuous, but on a Friday they feel like a hop, skip and a jump to happy land!

Everyone just seems to be in the best spirits on Friday! You get the opportunity to wish everyone you see a good weekend and watch their face light up with the excitement that you’ve been feeling. People seem more tolerant, less-stressed and overall in a happy disposition on Fridays.

By Friday, the plans I have been making all week are now concretely set in place and I can allow myself to get excited about the memories to be made.

Let’s face it; we work because we have to. That’s not to say that we don’t enjoy our jobs or appreciate the jobs we have, but free time and making plans is what makes life exciting! If I won the lottery, I would still want to contribute in some way to the community but I really feel like you should work to live, not live to work. I do well at my job, I put in 100%, but I think family and friends deserve that effort as well. If I worked all the time, I really feel like I would be doing my friends and family a huge inconsideration. They are the closest people in my life, so don’t they deserve the most attention? I think so too.

So to all of you- Have a great weekend!

“Virtual High Five”

Charly

No comments:

Post a Comment