Sunday, November 20, 2011

To share or not to share?


With Twitter, Facebook and smartphones at everyone’s disposal personal information is now much less personal. Many people screen what they put online; some share a little, some share a lot and others over share. So as a blogger or a user of social media how do you make the personal choice of what to share with the world?

As a blogger and recent winner of a very public radio station contest, I find that I share much more than I ever have before. I still have my boundaries, but am much more open to personal details of my life; especially when it comes to my issues with fertility and my upcoming IVF treatment.

I decided a while ago that I was going to share my struggles with fertility and ivf, once the contest was out Ryan and I talked about it some more and agreed that sharing our story and bringing you through the process with us, would not only be good for us but may even help people as well.

Fertility is one of those things that most people don’t talk about, people tend to blame themselves for their problems or think they are alone; well you are not to blame and you are not alone. I also feel that there are a lot of people who have no idea what IVF is or what it entails for the couples going through it.  Not to mention the fact that I find writing to be therapeutic.

I am incredibly lucky to have a wonderfully supportive family, friends and new founded group of amazing people to go through the IVF journey with. I know many people are not as lucky as I, so I would like to offer up my support and share my experiences with you. I will try to be as open and honest while going through the process of ivf so all the supporters during the contest and anyone considering IVF (or anyone at all) can be part of mine and Ryan’s journey.

There are many aspects of my life that remain mine and the great thing is I have the choice of what I want to share. I absolutely believe you can over share and that there are just some things you don’t need to post. But I also think that the people who push the boundaries and take risks are the people who make our world a better one to be in, so who am I to judge what’s an over share?

I think as long as your comfortable with what you are putting out their than go for it. Because, it’s just as much everyone else’s choice to read it as it’s yours to post it.

Lotsa Love,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment